An alcohol addiction, now commonly referred to as an alcohol use disorder or AUD, is a medical condition in which a person does not possess the ability to stop or even get control of their alcohol. This is in spite of the clear and obvious negative effects their alcohol use is having on their family, career, friendships, and overall quality of life. If you or someone you care about is drinking in excess, reach out to the medical professionals at Avedis Detox online or call 833.514.0579. Staff at our drug and alcohol detox center can discuss how an alcohol addiction program can help begin the journey toward a new life.
Signs of Alcohol Use Disorder
Because drinking and alcohol abuse can be glamorized in mainstream media, you may not even know if you or a loved one is suffering from alcoholism. To better understand both the physical and psychological signs of alcoholism, here are some of the common signs and symptoms to be on the lookout for in yourself, a friend, or a family member:
- You drink in larger amounts
- You drink over longer periods of time
- You have tried to scale back or stop drinking alcohol but failed
- You crave alcohol
- Alcohol dominates your thoughts, conversations and activities
- Work, school, and home life are suffering because of your drinking
- You choose drinking over other activities you once enjoyed
- You engage in risky behavior while drinking
- You need more alcohol than ever to feel its effects
- When you don’t drink, you start to experience withdrawal symptoms, including:
- Excessive sweating
- Increased heart rate
- Hand tremors
It takes a medical professional to diagnose an alcohol use disorder. If you see yourself in some of these red flags, reach out to the team at Avedis Detox for a consultation today.
Alcoholism Is a Public Health Crisis
Because of genetics and other factors such as environmental exposure and trauma, alcohol use disorders affect over 14 million adults in the United States alone. A good Tarzana rehab and detox center can help you safely detox from alcohol and move on with your life. Alcohol addiction rehab with Avedis Detox takes place in a safe space with skilled staff.
What Does a California Alcohol Rehab Look Like?
When you decide it is time to seek out help and take that important first step to enter rehab for an alcohol use disorder, you may feel worried, anxious, or scared. You are about to have a crutch removed and it may be difficult going in those early days. This is why it is crucial to be in a safe facility with a highly trained team around you.
After detox and the withdrawal symptoms have passed, you will begin your personalized treatment plan. The treatment you will receive during alcohol addiction rehab is structured and focused on helping you learn about the disease of addiction and teach you the set of skills you will rely on for a lifetime of sobriety. Some of these critical skills include:
- Understanding your triggers
- Identifying harmful people, places, and situations
- How to manage stress
- Ways to cope with different scenarios you will encounter outside of rehab
- Confronting negative thoughts and feelings
- Seeing the future in a positive light
These skills are taught using a blend of therapies, and your recovery may be managed with medicine as well as with holistic approaches, including yoga, nutritional education, and exercise. Contact us to learn more about the following programs:
- Inpatient alcohol rehab
- Partial hospitalization
- Intensive outpatient program
Learn More at Avedis Detox
If alcohol is damaging your family, relationships, and career, and you are ready to stop drinking today, learn how to battle alcohol addiction with help from Avedis Detox and start rebuilding your life. Contact us using our secure online form or call us confidentially at 833.514.0579 today.